Friday, September 3, 2010

NY Vacation: the Island

Last week we went to New York to visit my family. It was rough red eye flight to get there. Dave did great but Abbey slept for 45 mins the whole night. and when she woke up from that tiny nap she woke up in a rage; kicking and screaming for at least a half hour. At one point she yelled "Take your hands off me". But we made to Buffalo and then headed upstate to my Aunt and Uncle's Island on the St. Lawerance River . Yes they own an Island!
The St. Lawerance River

The first night we were there we celebrated with lobster. We're not a rich family but my dad loves to celebrate with his family over a really good meal. So, he had 14 cold water live lobsters flown in. We ate lobster till we were stuffed.

My dad the master chief and the life of the party.
Kevin bringing out the big guns to crack those claws.My beautiful cousin Andrea and her wonderful husband Jonathon.
My Uncle Tom: a true Italian man.
It rained for two of the three days we were there but we didn't mind because instead of the guys off fishing all day we were all together in this two room house playing cards, sharing stories of the old days, eating, laughing, eating some more and just spending good quality time together.

My dad with the kiddos: melts my heart.
All the men together.
Abbey snuggling with Andrea wrapped up in this amazing quilt she made for Abbey. I can't tell you how much I love this quilt with it's beautiful vintage fabrics, hand stitching and so much meaning it in. thank you andrea!!
Sam turning the left over lobster in the best bisque I have ever had.
My mom with Davey. She couldn't get enough of holding him.
Well I'll post more pictures of NY next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment