Saturday, September 25, 2010

AG Harvest Festival

Today we are having record high temperatures but we still had to make it to the Arroyo Grande Harvest Festival. We had a great time with a kid festivities: deby car racing, mini train rides, petting zoo, and toy train museum. But the other part of me was actually celebrating the harvest, I'm thankful for all the local farms that we have all around us. I am thankful that we can buy fresh produce locally and all kinds of organic food too.

Well here are some photos. I'm not happy that Abbey's face is covered up in all the pictures but I would rather had lame pictures and have Abbey wear a hat. I honestly think the only reason she wore her hat is because David was wearing one. Whatever works, right?!

Both Kevin and Abbey were in heaven at the petting zoo.
Kevin would have a potbelly pig if he could have his way. Good thing I have veto power.
Abbey asked if she could hold daddy's hand which melted Kevin heart.
And they had all the old tractors and firetrucks out which I loved.

And we had to enter the vegetable decorating contest. We are sure Abbey's will win. Honestly, who doesn't love a potato with huge eyes.
Well everyone is napping now except for this mama. I'm thinking mini pool fun in our little grass patch this afternoon to stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment