Monday, September 6, 2010

NY Vacation: Niagara Falls

During the few days we had at my parents house in Lockport we spent a day in Niagara Falls. This amazing place is only 25 min away! And since Abbey has been in love with the kids show Dora the Explorer so we turned the whole day into a "Dora Adventure" because we had a lot of walking to do. So we went "longest bridge" , "castle" ,"biggest water fall".

This is the "longest bridge" which is actually called the Peace bridge that crosses the Niagara River and connects the US to Canada.
We are actually in front of the American Falls and Niagara Falls is in the way back. Yes there are two huge water falls in Niagara Falls Park.
We didn't bring a stroller so Kevin was in charge of chasing Abbey
And I carried Davey
The Canadian side of the park always has amazing flowers.
Abbey had fun running and playing the whole way.
My cute boys.
What a beautiful place to feed Davey. I can watch the falls and Abbey can chase the birds. And since the birds are fat and slow from being feed by tourists Abbey was the closest she has ever been to catching a bird.
We finished this perfect day by celebrating my dad's birthday. We grilled steaks and asparagus and ate the best sweet corn ever.

And Abbey ate her rigatoni like a true Italian kid.
Abbey snuggling with her grandpa watching Dora. I think that was my dad's favorite birthday present.
My family! We miss them alot. Abbey asks everyday, "Let's go see your mom and dad". And I say, "Lets go!".

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I LOVE the pic of Davey and Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok. i'll bet your folks put that rigatoni picture on their fridge! well, or I might just put it on mine. so glad you had fun. happy happy birthday to your wonderful father! love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's, um, a really big orange fish on the floor...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of your dad an Abbey made me cry! So cute!

    ReplyDelete