Thursday, June 24, 2010

The BIG 30

I am 30 today. I am 30! I AM 30! Even though it is sad to not be in my twenties anymore I have so much to be thankful for: I have Jesus, I love my job, we live in a great community, I have wonderful friends and I have the most amazing family.

Since college I am usually not around friends and family on my birthday to celebrate. So my wonderful husband surprised me last weekend with bringing in my best friend from college (Cara) from Arizona and when an Italian dinner with friends that drove in from all over California. And if that wasn't enough he booked a night in a hotel in Avila Beach with my close girlfriends (while the husbands watched the babies). Isn't he thoughtful and so sweet?
I was overwhelmed with all the sacrifice everyone made to make me feel so loved. It was so much fun and truly life giving to spend quality time with good friends. Thank you Kevin for making this happen. I love you! And Happy Birthday to me!

3 comments:

  1. I am SO SAD I couldn't be there! I am glad it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Of course I hd to be on the East coast this summer. Love you friend & hope to see you soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally getting caught up on your blog! :) Enjoyed seeing the birthday pic. Good seeing you guys this morning.

    ReplyDelete