Saturday, April 11, 2009

No Naps means Adventure

It has been a struggle to get Abbey to nap lately. I don't know if she is just in a weird transition for two naps to one but she is sort of choosing none lately. And when that happens we have to get out of the house. Our extrovert little girl loves going places and being around people so that is what we did Friday afternoon. We went to Avila Beach!


Ironically on the way she fell asleep and so Kevin picked us up some coffees and an amazing scone and we sat in the car near the beach, having a great time talking while Abbey slept. Of course she was prematurely woken up by the crazy loud motorcycle driving by but 30 minutes is enough to take the sleepy edge off. So, we were off to the beach, were we couldn't peel Abbey away from looking at the ocean.


Eventually she was running around everywhere which explains the picture below. Abbey is really into dragging purses around lately but the camera case had to do here. (Don't worry it is empty.)



This is Abbey and I in front of the Friday Farmers market down there. There were so many fun fresh vegetables stands but the best thing were the seafood vendors selling fish tacos, ceviche, and other mouth watering dishes. I was thinking of and missing my dad the whole time because I know this would have been something he would have loved. I love family!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are carrying the empty ergo on your back and holding Abbey in your arms :)I was thinking about your Dad yesterday because I was eating cheese and bread and the last time I got on this cheese and bread kick it was because your Dad took me to this deli in Niagra Falls and then all I did was eat prosciutto for like the next three weeks.

    ReplyDelete