Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We Like Grass

I want a backyard. In my head I know that I have been blessed with a great house: it is a 10 min bike ride to work, a 10 min walk downtown, it has fun old character to it and best of all it is an amazing price for it's size. But I still dwell on all the things I want different and so I have been trying change my mindset to thankfulness instead and working with what we have. So a month ago after bringing home Abbey's new kiddie pool and putting it in the dirt square of a yard and having the pool turn into a mud pit I decided we have to plant grass. So my amazing husband and a good friend Matt worked all day to dig up the dirt and plant grass seed.

I wish I had a before picture but here is our little grass patch of a back yard. Abbey LOVES it. She dances on it and runs in circles on it and rolls in it. The other night we had a picnic dinner. So fun! It felt so much like summer eating outside.
Davey loves being outside
This picture is of Abbey and her mini camera that she likes to take "pictures" of Dave.
And Ducky needed a bath because he was dirty.
And even though our grass is patchy and small, I love it and Abbey loves it so I'm happy.

5 comments:

  1. It is SO Beautiful. What a blessing! Praise the Lord for GRASS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so wonderful! We can't wait to come play on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I wish we lived close to ya'll. How cute are you--all of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! It doesn't look like a small patch to me! :-) And I'm so glad you got real grass instead of artificial. More work, watering, etc, but it's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAAH so much fun! you guys are adorable!! We're planting grass soon as well... any tips?

    ReplyDelete