Friday, August 21, 2009

Berries, Pumpkins and a Pool Party

Today we did something that I am so excited about. We went to your usually berry patch and while we did pick some berries and eat a lot more, we craved pumpkins! Not the Halloween craving with mushy squishy insides and seeds. We went into the pumpkin patch while they were still green and craved a personal message in them. So as they grow and ripen our message scares the pumpkin and it comes out looking so cool. I've seen this in fancy antique stores around here in the years past and was in love. So I am so excited to see how our personal pumpkins turned out. One says "Welcome" and it will sit at our front door to greet all our visitors. And our other pumpkin says "Lamb family". I will post the finally results in October.

After that wonderful outing we joined some really good friends for dinner and a pool party. Well, it was more of a pool party for the girls. Wow if that was Friday evening, what does the weekend hold?

5 comments:

  1. That's such a cool thing with the pumpkins. I've never seen that before. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I will have to see if there is anything like that around these parts. So cool!! And you guys looked like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously, the pumpkins! that's awesome! i want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! AND you have great penmenship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! That looks like a blast. I can't wait to see how they turn out. way to be organic!

    ReplyDelete