Monday, January 18, 2010

East Coast Christmas

After Hawaii we made our way to the other side of the country. First we stopped in Michigan to see my brother Sam graduate Farris State College. We are all so proud of you Sam!
After the graduation we hit the road for the 10 hour drive to Lockport, NY for Christmas with the Marotta family. Every time we go to New York we eat like kings so I wasn't surprised when my doctor said at my prenatal visit this past week I had gain a couple extra pounds. We ate the best buffalo wings (you know Buffalo, NY is where chicken wings where invented), my mom's amazing coffee cake, seafood, prime rib, and authentic Italian bread, meat and cheeses. My parents go all out and now I need to go all out with exercising.

We also did some winter activities with Abbey that was so fun. We went sledding a couple times. Yes that is my brother being crazy in the background.
And we built a huge snowman, as you can see we used all the snow in the yard. Luckily we had two strong men, my dad and Kevin to lift the 100lb body and head .
Abbey was so in love with her snowman that she had to give him hugs and kisses. So cute.
It was a fun to be with family and for Abbey to being with her Uncle and grandparents. Especially since she was in a phase of saying "I love you Papa", "I love you Gaga (grandma)", and "I love you Sa (Sam)". What a sweet kid and what a sweet visit.

4 comments:

  1. All your adventures look like fun! I MISS YOU!!! I wish your adventures had reason to bring you South. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the snowman! Happy Birthday Abbey...still 30 minutes left to enjoy the day--hopefully you're sleeping soundly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. That is the best snowman I have ever seen. FUN!!

    ReplyDelete